Since 1990 Guicciardini & Magni Architects have realized more than forty museums and sixty temporary exhibitions in Italy and abroad, dealing with every kind of exposition ranging from Archeology to Contemporary Art, Industrial Design to Classical Art and Ethnography to Fashion.
They have been appointed to work with masterpieces from every era and aim to establish a dialogue able to offer new interpretations of the original works of art and their context.
The competence of the working team is dependent on the quality of individual skills and experiences beyond architecture and into the realms of the Arts, Theatre Scenography, Photography, Product Design and other interdisciplinary studies.
Their philosophy, specific skills and understanding of Museum Design and object conservation is evident in several realized works such as the exposition of The Gate Of Paradise by Lorenzo Ghiberti, an iconic artwork from the Renaissance period in the new Museo dell'Opera del Duomo in Florence, Italy.
The studio has worked on over forty museums. Some are listed below.
- "Bibliotèque, Galeries, Musée Richelieu" Paris, France
- "The National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design" Oslo, Norway
- “Pisa Cathedral Museum”, Pisa
- “Tekfur Palace”, Istanbul
- “Florence Cathedral Museum”, Florence
- “Gülhane Museum in Topkapı Palace”, Istanbul
- New Egyptian Wing in “Naples Archeological Museum”
- “Pretorio Palace Museum”, Prato
- “Civic Museums in Pio Palace”, Carpi, Modena
- “Galileo Museum”, Florence
- “Textile Museum”, Prato
In the work of Guicciardini & Magni Architects a fundamental element is the design of significative multimedia installations in order to create synergy with the exhibited art works and the public.
Guicciardini & Magni Architects have acquired through the years a deep understanding of temporary exhibition design. Research being the guiding principle of their work, new projects are always influenced by their experience in other disciplines such as Scenography, Photography and the General Arts.
Over the past fifteen years the studio has worked on over sixty temporary exhibitions. Some are listed below.
- “Michelangelo’s Youth” at the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence.
- “Giotto” at the Accademia Gallery in Florence (since 2002 the most visited temporary Art exhibition in Italy)
- “On Holy Ground” at the Royal Palace in Milan
- “The Living Marbles. Gian Lorenzo Bernini” at the Bargello National Museum in Florence
- “The Tsar style” at the Textile Museum in Prato
- “The Treasure of St. Gennaro” at the Sciarra Palace in Rome
Of the above can be cited the following.
- The new Politeama Theatre and Rosselli Square in Poggibonsi.
- The restoration of the nineteenth century Theatre of Castelfiorentino and the renewal of Gramsci Square
- The renovation of the Colle Val d’Elsa Theatre and of the adjacent Square
- The Public Library in the History of Science Institute in Florence (awarded an honourable mention by the Italian Public Libraries Institute in 2006).
From 1990 to 1995 they collaborated with Adolfo Natalini on a number of civic buildings, urban design projects, residential and retail developments in Italy and Europe, in particular the new Civic Centre in the heart of the City of Groningen in Holland.
Currently Guicciardini & Magni Architects consists of five associated architects, ten senior architects alongside a young team of assistant architects and professional consultants for all aspects of the production of architecture for both public and private clients.
The studio is based in Florence with office in Poggibonsi (Siena)
They worked with us
GUICCIARDINI & MAGNI ARCHITETTI EXHIBITION AND MUSEUM DESIGN
EDITED BY SERGIO POLANO
MOSTRE E MUSEI DI GUICCIARDINI E MAGNI ARCHITETTI
a cura di sergio polano
NATALINI ARCHITETTI GUICCIARDINI E MAGNI ARCHITETTI
GUICCIARDINI E MAGNI ARCHITETTI
LA COSTRUZIONE DI UN MUSEO
GUICCIARDINI E MAGNI ARCHITETTI
Guicciardini e Magni architetti studio associato
9 Mostre + 9 Musei
Guicciardini & Magni architetti studio associato
Museo Di Palazzo Pretorio
Dispaying Scientific Instruments: From the Medici Wardrobe to the
Il Teatro Del Popolo di Castelfiorentino
IL TEATRO POLITEAMA
NUOVI CONTENITORI IN TERRACOTTA
LA TERRA DEI MUSEI
paesaggio arte e storia del territorio senese
il nuovo museo dell’opera del duomo
museo della mezzadria senes